The museum is free to enter and you do not need to book to visit us or our exhibitions.
North Hertfordshire Museum has four galleries:
- explore the Discovering North Hertfordshire Gallery, which deals with the history of the district from the geological past to the present day;
- see changing exhibitions of art in the Exhibition Gallery;
- discover how people’s lives have changed over thousands of years in the Living in North Hertfordshire Gallery;
- see the football collection, objects from all around the world, items from our art collections, and animations of local folklore tales in the Terrace Gallery;
- view art exhibitions in the Arches Gallery, part of the Terrace Gallery.
We are a dog-friendly musuem: you are welcome to bring your dogs provided they are well behaved and on a lead.
The museum is a warm space. We are heated to 18° C and have comfortable chairs and sofas in our café where you are welcome to sit.
The museum café
Here is our current café menu (PDF).
If you have any questions about our café, please email us here.
Visual story for people with additional needs [PDF file, 1.45 Mb].
There are large print versions of the text in each gallery available; we regret that some temporary exhibitions do not have these.
We now have Braille guides to each gallery available. Please ask at the reception desk.
Tuesday – Saturday: 10.30 am to 4.30 pm
Sunday: 11.00 am to 3.00 pm
Please note that the café closes an hour before the museum (3.30 pm Tuesday to Saturday and 2.00 pm Sunday).