We will be closing for two weeks from Monday 24 of June, reopening on Saturday 6 July
While we do the final preparations in the museum, we will be closed to the public for two weeks. When we reopen on 6 July, you will be able to come in through the museum’s front door and access all four galleries:
- explore the Discovering North Hertfordshire Gallery, which deals with the history of the district from geological times to the present day;
- see the new Blood and Bone immersive experience in the Exhibition Gallery;
- discover how people’s lives have changed over thousands of years in the Living in North Hertfordshire Gallery;
- see the football collection, objects from all around the world, items from our art collections and animations of local folkore tales in the Terrace Gallery;
- view artworks by Vanessa Stone in the Arches Gallery.
We will have a shop where you can buy gifts and local souvenirs, and a café serving a variety of food, and hot and cold drinks.
Admission is free.
t: 01462 474554
a: 14 Brand Street, Hitchin, Herts SG5 1JE
Tuesday – Saturday: 10:30 to 16:30
Events and exhibitions
Our four display areas
Search, explore, donate
Workshops, Loans, Walks and Talks, Information for Teachers
Enquiries, Identification of Finds, Professional Archaeological Services
Our story, Contact us, Who’s Who, Strategy and Policies