The museum is free to enter and you do not need to book to visit us or our exhibitions.
North Hertfordshire Museum has four galleries:
- explore the Discovering North Hertfordshire Gallery, which deals with the history of the district from geological times to the present day;
- see changing exhibitions of art in the Exhibition Gallery;
- discover how people’s lives have changed over thousands of years in the Living in North Hertfordshire Gallery;
- see the football collection, objects from all around the world, items from our art collections, and animations of local folklore tales in the Terrace Gallery;
- view art exhibitions in the Arches Gallery, part of the Terrace Gallery.
The museum café
Here is our current café menu (PDF).
If you have any questions about our café, please email us here.
Visual story for people with additional needs [PDF file, 1.45 Mb].
There are large print versions of the text in each gallery available; we regret that some temporary exhibitions do not have these.
We now have Braille guides to each gallery available. Please ask at the reception desk.
Tuesday – Saturday: 10.30 am to 4.30 pm
Sunday: 11.00 am to 3.00 pm
Please note that the café closes an hour before the museum (3.30 pm Tuesday to Saturday and 2.00 pm Sunday).