Come to see the newly opened North Hertfordshire Museum. We have four galleries for you to visit:
- explore the Discovering North Hertfordshire Gallery, which deals with the history of the district from geological times to the present day;
- see the new Blood and Bone immersive experience in the Exhibition Gallery;
- discover how people’s lives have changed over thousands of years in the Living in North Hertfordshire Gallery;
- see the football collection, objects from all around the world, items from our art collections and animations of local folklore tales in the Terrace Gallery;
- view artworks by Vanessa Stone in the Arches Gallery, part of the Terrace Gallery.
We have a shop where you can buy gifts and local souvenirs, and a café serving a variety of food, and hot and cold drinks.
Admission is free.
Tuesday – Saturday: 10:30 to 16:30
Sunday: 11:00 to 15:00
Events and exhibitions
Our four display areas
Search, explore, donate
Workshops, Loans, Walks and Talks, Information for Teachers
Enquiries, Identification of Finds, Professional Archaeological Services
Our story, Contact us, Who’s Who, Strategy and Policies