About this objectThe native red squirrel has been extinct locally since 1944. This red one was cared for by Miss Hailey, a resident of The Biggin, about 1910, after she found some boys tormenting it in St Mary’s Churchyard.
Field CollectorMiss Hailey
Field Collection Datec. 1910
Field Collection Place DescriptionHitchin, Herts, TL185291
Credit LineMrs M Wilson, 24 Langbridge Close, Hitchin
Copyright LicenceAll rights reserved
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.