- This event has passed.
The Osteoarchaeological Project – Two-Day Course
11 February @ 10:00 am - 12 February @ 4:30 pm
North Hertfordshire Museum is hosting a weekend human remains workshop to understand health in Roman and early Medieval England.
This is an ideal opportunity for students of archaeology and anyone that wants to learn more about osteology and gain hands-on experience with human remains.
11th – 12th February 2023
10am – 4.30pm
Classes are limited to twelve students to ensure maximum access to remains.
The weekend will include:
• Identifying different bones and the layout of a human skeleton
• Determining sex, age, and height of individuals
• Identifying different pathologies and the health of a person at death
• Using skeletal remains and other evidence to reconstruct life in different periods
• Learning how to curate remains
• Reviewing the different stages of studying skeletal remains from burial, archaeological excavation, osteological study and curation or reburial
£125 for the whole weekend (both days), includes tea, coffee and course materials. There is a cafe on-site where you can purchase lunch and refreshments.
Over 18s only